Saturday, December 21, 2013

What Was That Commercial About "Logistics?"

Page Turner - I feel your pain.  Not exactly because I haven't had Fed Ex or UPS lie to me about attempting a delivery.  I ordered two things semi last minute for Jeti for Christmas.  One of them is kind of a big present so I'm really anxious about it getting here on time (I know I'm on the ball).  I've been checking the tracking info incessantly.  Here's what I don't get...

My Fed Ex package was ordered at 0700 on Thursday.  It didn't ship until Friday at 1830.  Annoyed.  It shipped from Indianapolis.  Today it went from Indianapolis to Earth City, MO.  Stupid.

My UPS package was shipped on Thursday from Oklahoma City and arrived in Springfield, IL.  Yesterday it went from Springfield to Hodgkins, IL.  Today it went from Hodgkins to Bloomington, IL.  It has literally passed by my house twice and it not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday afternoon.  Good thing we're opening presents Tuesday morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is something I learned. If it is not scheduled to be delivered until Tuesday and they get it early, they don't always deliver it. The other day Fed Ex delivered something. She said this was not scheduled to arrive until next week. Since we had the confusion with the last package I delivered I decided to get you this one early.
Here is a thought, if you have it, deliver it. Why keep it laying around.
I have been told this before. It is not a random thing. They act like they are doing a favor delivering early. Hey, if we did not want it quickly, we would not use Fed Ex.
Let's start a delivery service. We'll call it, Get It Whenever!
Page Turner

Munchkin said...

I like it. I seriously contemplated driving to bloomington today and breaking in to the facility to get the present. I know they're busy this time of year but this kind of stuff makes me want to punch people.

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are not in a profession with customer face time. Oh wait......
Page Turner

Tru Stories said...

Things are about to get REAL ugly if 6-7 packages do not arrive in the next 14 hours...
REAL REAL ugly.
Coco's Santa present ugly.

The Mrs. said...

Please video tape Coco's anger if/when the Santa present does not arrive. I'm not hoping for that, mind you, I would just like to watch her head spin by the light of the Christmas tree.

Munchkin said...

I second the Mrs.' request. Also, update - all the presents arrived on time.